HybridZ

So who wishes they were into Warcraft now!

Thumper

now only if i could be this addicted to my car...then i could prolly get it done...lol

Funny you should say that. I recently went from game addiction to Z addiction and I havent looked back. Its been almost 2 months and I have gotten a LOT done.

I wont be sittin on my ass in front of a screen this summer. I'll be out foggin the tires in my V8Z! :D

hehe... I try to stay away from the level-up oriented games. They are addicting because you constantly see a new goal everytime you log on.

The FPS games are too limited... They put you in a shoebox with very limited flanking options for large groups of players. Even a large group is only a dozen or so players at once.

I enjoy a game called WWII ONLINE. I have been playing fairly regularly(2-4 hours per week) since 2001. The game has been updated hundreds of times with a major new improvement in graphics, game play, and strategy every few months since release. There are only a few thousand subscribers and the playerbase tends to be older(30+years).

I am a PvP gamer. I like to kill, not banter and roleplay. WWII ONLINE is probably the most aggressive PvP game online. You can be owned in a shootout or completely outwitted strategically. A player able to maintain an even 1 to 1 kill/death ratio is doing very well. Don't imagine yourself destroying dozens of enemies over and over again... It takes time to get into the action and death means you are out of that particular fight for some time.

This game is Europe in half scale with Aircraft, Mobile armored units and plain old walking infantry. The entire game world is ONE ZONE using satellite GPS terrain. You can fly an aircraft across Europe if you don't get jumped and shot down along the way... There are literally THOUSANDS of players all duking it out on the same map.

There are hundreds of different types of units. Each unit is modeled in exquisite detail. There are often several period correct versions of each vehicle with accuratly modelled armor( they even model the cast vs. the plate armor values differently so that some rounds are more effective than others. Every round is tracked as an individual object with DEAD ON ballistics and penetration values. Each round is tracked after it hits to see if it passes through and hits another object(vehicle system), or ricoches to a new object, or is stopped cold,.... or if it detonates, it is then tracked as dozens of smaller objects(shrapnel) with new mass and velocity values. Spalling on the backsides of armor plates are tracked as objects just like explosive shrapnel. Concussive force is also tracked as an area of effect with devastating damage to thin aircraft and trucks, and squishies(infantry).

Many of the Anti Tank and Anti Air guns are shooting out to ranges of 5 kilometers. You literally never hear the one that kills you in this simulation.