HybridZ

280z wont start

Guest 280zspeed!

Guest 280zspeed!

hi my 78 280z will not start it has been sitting for a year and now will not start it seems like it starts for a few seconds then dies out then wont start then if i let it sit for like 10 min it will start for like 3 seconds and then dies again what could be wrong?

Off the top of my head...fuel pump.

Spray lots of starter fluid into the nipple on the intake manifold and see if it will start and run for 10-15secs.

-or-

crank it and see if fuel comes out of the gas line coming out of the fuel filter line...put the end of the line into a beer bottle as a viewing window.

Yasin

i took apart my fuel pump and found that one of the o-ring gaskets had clogged itself in the pump vane. I'm not sure how that happened, but as soon as i replaced them with off-the-shelf o-rings that were stretched to fit in there, the pump worked amazing, and now my car starts after 25 years of sitting under a tree... after being attacked by bondo and chicken wire (as one other z member noted :( )