HybridZ

Anyone got a good contact i Nissan??

240zrb

Car inspectors won't let me build my dream car, unless.....

I need a letter (or e-mail) from a offical Nissan source, stating that the S30 chassi will withstand the power of the RB25DET (or even better rb26dett)...

So anyone got a GOOD car interested contact, anywhere? Or e-mail adr for Nissan US, AU or JP??

ANY help would be appreciated!!!

Best regards

240zrb

I actually know most of the guys working at the local Nissan dealership, BUT their all afraid of the big guys in HEAD OFFICE Norway... And from Nissan Norway, there is absolutly NO help (not even an e-mail adr for nissan jp...)... Even the car inspector knows that! That's why he asked me to try to get confirmation from other US, AU or JP... As he said: those guys are used to high power engines:-)

I don't think the S30 would have any problems coping with the rb25det, but maybe the Nissan guys think I'm going to sue them if I get in an accident...?

Well, I'm not giving up.... I WANNA HAVE AN RB! :-)

The inspector just wanna cover his back.... as long as someone else says it's ok, his back is covered... I asked if I could present some documents from those who REALLY knows these cars, like SO many on this site, BUT NO, it had to be from NISSAN (importers, head office, or so...). Or of course the german TüV, they don't question anything coming from that place... But I have already tryed tüv, no luck, too old car...

You should try contacting MULL

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=106731

He's over in Sweden and might have some contacts with Nissan there ... He's putting an Modified RB26 N1 block. Good luck with it all ... I gotta get my Z legal for here, but it's got a stock (yet overbored and rebuilt) L28 in it. The car is starting it's two week trip here today!