HybridZ

S30 Coilovers

What will you be using this car for?

Not trying to tell you what to do but are you sure youd need that much stopping power for Im guessing AutoX? Id definetly reconsider what youd like and what you need and then go from there. I can tell you from experience being young and having a car can be expensive and youll make alot of mistakes on how you spend your money. Ive quite a few times asked my dad If I can get some part that I really dont need but at the moment it looks really good. I havent made the mistake too many times but the times I have I look back and say I just spent a couple weeks earnings on a part I dont neccesarily need. Unless your parents give you alot of money, moneys hard to come by as a kid, spend wisely.

Sorry for the speach but I wish someone would have told me this in the last year or so.

If you really want to get them go for it. Ill be happy you got some nice parts.

Well, I didn't get it so I'm going to have to post pone getting handling parts for my car... I came in 2nd place. I only failed to do the 75 push ups due to a bloody nose... its scorching hot. :( im a sucker for heat. Nothing to do now but work for two whole months to get the rear disc brake set up.

I guess this thread is dead? I want a set of coilovers as well. I am aware that you get what you pay for but there seems to be such a price differance between the setups. I am currently using Tien springs and Bilstein HD in my IS 300. I like it and all but I want the adjustability of a coilover on my Z. I will need the clearance for my new set of wheels anyway so this is a good excuse to get a set...

Hm, I honestly would go for the ones Johnc sells. 3,500 may be a bit pricey but we all want good suspension. I totally would've bought it. Modern Motorsports also has some but you need to weld but we wanted some that had no modification required.

The price differences you see between coil over kits is because the high priced kits like mine are completely assembled, ready to bolt on the car, and the lower priced kits require strut shortening, painting, assembly, bearing installs, etc. All of us vendors pay pretty much the same for parts and our profit margins on the parts are probably similar. The significant price differences are the labor involved with each coil over kit.

In essence you're trading time for money of you do the assembly work yourself or trading money for time if you buy a completely assembled kit. Consumers in the teeny, tiny 240Z market are lucky they have that choice.

Hey John,

If I were to supply the following items what would your setup set me back including shipping to AZ 85044?

2 front struts and spindles.

2 rear struts and hubs.

2 stub axles and companion flanges.

2 new inner wheel bearings.

2 new outer wheel bearings.

2 new grease seals.

2 new stub axle nuts.

2 backing plates (optional).

2 new spindle pins, lock nuts, and wedges.

I what to build a purpose built AutoX 240Z. Spring rates, not really sure what I would need so I was hoping you could steer me in the right direction. Feel free to PM me with any questions(I'm sure you will have plenty).

Yea I saw that it only said 240z do you also sell for the 280z's?

I can do a set of 280Z struts but you'll need to send me 4 good 280Z struts to build on. Or, I can build you a set of 240Z struts and you can install them. The 240Z struts work fine on a 280Z.

If I were to supply the following items what would your setup set me back including shipping to AZ 85044?

I'll do the numbers on Monday and send you a PM.