HybridZ

does anyone else feel like a kid again when...

Guest Speaker

Guest Speaker

Does anyone here feel like a kid again when you open up a performance parts catalog?

I picked up a Summit Catalog for reference and I opened it up and my eyes just got really big... I felt like I was looking at a wish book again... it was cool smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Yup I hear that. I look through it and drool. Ordering and receiving is even better, when I bought the stuff for my engine (manifold, carb etc.) I got this box so huge I had to basically push it into the house instead of lifting it. That made me REAL happy. Hell when I die, just put me in that summit racing box and drop it in a hole and I'd be a happy stiff. smile.gif

Lone

Guest Speaker

we got a big box at my office today

although it wasn't performance parts; it was pretty cool...

it was VERY large... it was about 3' tall about 5' wide....

it was a SGI 30x20 wide screen LCD screen... can you say $30k test product? we use it to test some products that we have... oh god it was awsome hooking it up... like 20 people were crowded into an office looking at it hehe

I love opening a hi/po parts catalogue...I am totally a kid again: I WANT THAT, AND THAT, OH YEA-GOTTA HAVE THIS...ect,ect.

Its always X-mas again when building a project after ordering the parts.....Till The Bill Comes In & you're instantly reminded you're not the kid but are the adult whose responsible for paying.....Dohh; I hate reality sometimes!

I wish I had come across the V8z thing prior to having spent so much on Olds Custlass's in my past as I could've had his/hers HybridZ's by now.

Oh,well/live & learn....now, where is my Summitt Catalogue?

Kevin,

(yes,Still an Inliner)

I too will never go old. Never, never, never

but reality does sometimes set in, like when I realize that it has been 21 years since I have had just a block and a whole bunch of boxes. It sucks being able to remember decades, late 70's a gto had my thoughts then 80's motorcycle roadracing, 90's wife house

and kids. Now I'm 41 and I can't get my Z out of my mind. Well I guess some things don't change as I still want to build something to go fast.

Guest Anonymous

As much fun as the ordering and receiving is, I love the putting on part. When I can make something better. Maybe it's time to order the nitrous system...Oh Honey! smile.gif

Guest Zpeed

I'm only 17 and only had one ride in a Z and hoping to find my Z hopefully soon, during high school when everyone went to the local hangout after school i went to work and now hopefully have enough money to buy me a complete working 240z l28, so just pray that i find something rust free, i love being young, but i'd love to be older and have experaince like most of ya all,

oh well..

------------------

Nathan AKA Zpeed

Guest Anonymous

Well, I am a tweener since I am 29. But, I will tell the younger guys one thing: you are starting out right. The fact that you are on Hybrid means that you are looking to learn and you are doing it early. I wish I had started as young as some of you guys! I wasn't into this stuff much before I had kids. Things sure would have been different for me as a single man if I had!

I am still amazed at the enormous amount of information and capability that the internet, specifically HydridZ and other sites like it, delivers to us at the click of a button.

I feel no more at home than when in my garage surrounded by all of my tools, Z parts and the 2 cubic feet of workspace actually left unoccupied smile.gif

Craig

I didn't want to wax nostalgic on haveing a Z car once in my life--heck, I'm young and I want it all now! It's the V8 urge I cannot kick, and now with a wife and kids, I have finally learned to budget--which really was the problem all along--I just couldn't keep ahold of any money to start a great project; until now...The only thing I regret is not having learned the wisdom sooner in my early 20's. I could have had 2 V8Z cars by now!