HybridZ

Turbo condition

24OZ

Hi guys,

I picked up this KKK K26 turbo.

I would like to know why inside the turbine it's very rough.

This is how it looks: www.xiotis.com/turbo.JPG , if someone did this for a reason, then why?

There is no shaft movement but it doesn't spin very smoothly by hand, could this be that it just needs lubrication?

Worth using?

Thanks.

Well I have discovered that the turbo is definately shot as the seals are leaking over the turbine wheel, I will probably just open it up as I'd like to get to know my way round turbo internals and see if I can discover what went wrong.

Why did you want it? I can send you pictures of the insides if that's what you are after?

Here is some external pics of the turbo, as you can see its not the nicest of things. What do people think of the T3 flange?

www.xiotis.com/turbo1.JPG

www.xiotis.com/turbo2.JPG

That turbo really doesn't look that bad, but it's probably small for a Z. The turbine housing and it's studs don't look rusted. The turbine wheel looks like it never grounded. No play is good, but the roughness could mean a damaged turbine shaft or housing. The port job can be cleaned up and will have a more consistant AR than an internally wastegated one.