HybridZ

Dash removal with roll cage???

hey guys, Im about to have my roll cage welded in and am wanting to make sure I will be able to get my dash out for future work. It will be 8pt that comes down in front of the dash. I have seen several of them done this way but am not sure about the dash. I guess I need to know how far forward the dash needs to come to make it out?

Pull the dash out enough so that you're sure it'll come out.. then get the cage welded in with the dash mostly pulled so you'll have the room once it's in smile.gif

This sounds like a tricky proposition to me, considering how the dash is installed in the car... I'm not even sure if it CAN be removed after a cage has been welded in before it...

You should look into rinnung the down tube behind the dash. You will not have enough room to pull the dash out with the tubes in front. You have to slide the dash off the pedel mount which is a good 8-10". Putting the tube far enough back is not an option in my book. I plan on redoing my cage this summer from a 6 point to a full cage. I plan on running the tube down the "A" pillars and carfully notching the dash around them. This will allow me to run a cross bar behind the dash strengthing it. Another option is to make the down tubes a boltin item. Just my $.02 worth. Rick