HybridZ

Tuning a Z in Gran Turismo 4

TheNeedForZ

If you have a PS2, you prolly have bought GT4.

If you have bought GT4, you prolly have unlocked 240ZG.

If you have unlocked 240ZG, you prolly have three of them, one color each.

If you have those 240ZG's, you prolly have done maximum upgrade and weight reduction.

However, power is not enough, I am looking for a good tuning spec.

Care to share yours? :)

Thanks

Guest TeamNissan

the all z race at nissan.

I have yet to figure out a tune for that damn car lol. Your right though the max upgrades arent enough.

Guest l28et

While its cool they are putting the S30s in games like Froza and GT, they just aren't competitive. I can't find any races where a tuned S30 (w/o engine swap, etc) is good.

Guest l28et
Thats not true, my fairlady woops on anything in its class.

What races have you used it for?

picture077vr2.jpg

picture078va6.jpg

picture079bi8.jpg

Edit - My RB Forza Z. The SR20 with mild upgrades is a lot faster around a circuit though. Hopefully Forza 2 (Due May 29th) lets us stuff wider tires under there.

You have to get the full race tranny, then adjust the gear and diff ratios as needed to get just to the rev limiter at the end of the longest straight in top gear. Then the car becomes competitive

That's a good place to start actually. I have been in races where I can't be competitive, especially circuits like Circuit de la Sarthe, with a LONG high speed track. Then I realized I am hitting the rev limiter before the torque runs out. Change the gear ratio and BOOM, first place, easy wins.

I agree with L28ET, my biggest beef with Forza is that they let you do engine swap in a Z (what an innovate idea in the whole tuning/racing simulator game genre) but doesn't let you do wider tire upgrade. So we have a car with monster torque and wider fender flares.....that only uses bicycle tires.

Guest l28et

I agree with L28ET, my biggest beef with Forza is that they let you do engine swap in a Z (what an innovate idea in the whole tuning/racing simulator game genre) but doesn't let you do wider tire upgrade. So we have a car with monster torque and wider fender flares.....that only uses bicycle tires.

Well and the biggest thing is, why is it I can tuck 18" Fikses under my Dodge Challenger, '68 Camaro or Corvette Stingray?

I think EVERY car except the Z gets wheel/tire upgrades. Sure the grip goes up with the "racing tires" but even on cars where the rim diameter doesn't change, the width does... hopefully this will be a Forza 2 fix. May 29th I think...?