HybridZ

Dodge/Chrysler 3.0 V6

Nismo280zEd

My buddy and I have been working on this 1991 Dodge Spirit for a friend of a friend. Basically refreshed the top end of the motor, all the seals, belts, etc. Well we couldn't get the motor to start... fiddled with it yesterday for 4 hrs, then again today. The crank pulley has two notches in it, one is highlighted white, so I assumed that was the timing mark for TDC. Bad assumption, so today i retime the dizzy for the other mark... bam we start to get the motor to run. Finally motor starts up, i'm checking timing to get it tweaked in, really rough stumbly etc. I see the timing mark finally with the light... then the motor stalls out, crank it up but no fire. All of the sudden it randomly lost spark?

So we check the voltage at batter 12.5v 12.25 at the coil 8.9v while cranking at coil. The coil has been replaced brand new. I'm not a domestic guy, I know Nissan igntion and porsche.

The motor is the V6 so it's actually a mitsubishi motor 6g72 i believe. complete EFI not TB injection. We have no spark off the high tension wire.

I was thinking maybe dizzy pickups, but i'm not sure if those are replaceable on this dizzy.

-Ed