HybridZ

My new project early 260Z

TravRMK

I picked this up from a friend of a friend. It has been sitting for 15 years, and it definately shows. There isn't much rust at all, but the paint is horrible. I'm not sure if I will be taking her all the way down to the unibody, or just partially. It has a 280Z hood, and some minor damage. I am on the fence as to do a LT1 swap, or a l28et, at any rate I won't be satisfied with less than 300HP. What do you guys think? Was it a good price at $300? I think so, and I am way excited to get started.

DSCN1882Medium.jpg

DSCN1881Medium.jpg

DSCN1880Medium.jpg

DSCN1879Medium.jpg

DSCN1878Medium.jpg

DSCN1877Medium.jpg

DSCN1876Medium.jpg

DSCN1875Medium.jpg

DSCN1874Medium.jpg

DSCN1873Medium.jpg

DSCN1872Medium.jpg

Yes the car is super dusty, 15 years worth of dust in fact. The rear hatch area has no rust at all, just dirty. The only rust ther at all is the catch machanism which is only surface rust. There is surface rust here and there, but overall very solid.

If you need a LT1 with matching 460LE automatic tranny. PM me. It came out of a 96 vette with 40,000 or 50,000 miles. I can't remember.

Awesome find! Project cars are always better if you can pick them up at that kind of price.

+

Oh I forgot the motor is at my parents place in the Seattle area. It would be close to you if you want to pick it up. I was going to use it in a Fj40 landcruiser project.