HybridZ

Turbo question

Hi all, I am going to be putting a L28ET in my early 260Z, and am thinking of puting on a better turbo that will support up to 20 pounds, but will be driven mostly at 14-15PSI. I was thinking of goint to a T3/T04E hybrid turbo. I am fairly new to turbo setups, and would like some opinions. Alot of them have the 5 bolt downpipe setup, and some with a round 4 bolt, but I have seen some that are a V-band setup, are these better? It looks to me that they would be less restrictive, and you could fit a larger downpipe with them. Are there any advantages to the V-band setup? What about exhaust leakage? Where are you guys reintroducing the wastegate pipe into the exhaust, or are you just running a dump tube? I am wanting 300-375rwhp, and it will be driven alot during the summer at 4500+ ft elevation on pump gas. Also are all the ebay ones junk, or are there some that aren't too bad. Anyone run a cheaper off brand with success? Most of the Garrett ones seem to be $500-$650+. One more question, at these power levels is a forged piston mandatory? I would think they would be, but if I can spend the cost difference between cast, and forged somewhere else on the car, I would. Sorry for all the newbie questions, and I have searched alot already.

Thank you for any info.

Also would a .48 AR turbine support 300+rwhp, or do I need to go with the .63 AR? And would an internal wastegate suffice? It sure would be alot more simple on the instalation. I also plan on puting megasquirt and Spark in the car.

So a .63AR with the t3/04e? What about a Holset? I have read alot of people on here running them. A hy35, or hx35? Some of them seem to have funky outlest on the turbine housing. Would this be a good way to go? BTW Clifton, I like the color of your car in your sig, what paint is that?

So a .63AR with the t3/04e? What about a Holset? I have read alot of people on here running them. A hy35, or hx35? Some of them seem to have funky outlest on the turbine housing. Would this be a good way to go? BTW Clifton, I like the color of your car in your sig, what paint is that?

Thanks. There are different turbine and compressor trims for what you listed. I would run a 60-1 but if you are set on an E trim, I would go with a 50 or 60 and atleast a stage 3 on the turbine. I don't know what Holsets flow.