HybridZ

Engine problem, need some insight.

I recently took a trip to California, when I got back I had to change out the exhaust/intake manifold gasket. After I put it all together, tightened everything down, the car started to run funny, well different from before. In the morning, I give it gas to go, and the car boggs down, like if its gonna die. Then when I'm cruising at a constant speed, I will press the pedal all the way down quickly and the car stumbles for a second. It still boosts the same, at 15psi., fuel pressure is the same, the blow off is not as loud anymore, before it used to blow off loud. The car still seems to have the same power, but it drives strange, the way the motor sounds is different. I checked for vacuum leaks, but dont find anything.

Please help me if you have an idea, anything helps. Thanks

This could really be anything. For all we know the bad intake/exhaust gasket was causing a vacuum leak before that was covering up another issue. Now that's fixed the other issue is showing. Could be running rich. Check you plugs for color. You're looking for tan. White is lean and gray/black is rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it turned out to be the wastegate actuator tube that connects to the top of the turbo, the bracket that holds the actuator was loose and it didn't allow the wastegate to open or close. I just pulled it back a little and tightened it back up and everything is fine. Thanks for your help.

• 7 months later...