HybridZ

Removing pins from wiring harness connectors

Well, I am goin through all of my wiring again, and removing all the crap that I don't need, which in my case will be a LOT. How do you remove the pins from the conectors where the harnesses all meet together? I've tried reafing, cutting, pushing, and a lot of cursing, but nothing helps.

use a paper clip. straighten it out. look into the pin from the connection side, not the wire side. on the pin the part that looks thickest, insert the clip between the pin and plastic housing. push in all the way in. Now hold the connector and pull the wire out. after you get 1 out. inspect the pin. look for a little tab, probably bent up by now, and check out how it works. after that they are easy. hope this helped. tc.

Thank you both immensely. I may need to swap the ECU on my DD subaru, and I think i will need to change the pinout since the only available ECU is from a different year. You've given me hope that I CAN in fact find the "locking tab" even though it is a TOTALLY different vehicle; none of my subaru people have been any help in this.