HybridZ

temp guage sender

so heres a thought, dont know if anyone has tried it or not. im tired of that stupid wire on the temp sending guage being loose and it causes the guage to be in-accurate. so what can we do to have a more accurate readings. like use a ford or chevy, or more modern type sender. will it be accurate?? i like the ford ones, they have a stud on them and the wire uses a loop terminal. seems fool proof to me. anyone done this??? any help is app.

If the Ford / Chevy one puts out the same ohms at the same temps, it should work... and if they are threaded the same, or at least the same depth so it will be reading the temp in the correct location.

Funny that I'm the first to respond to this Shady! :D

That switch won't drive the guage because it is either on or off.

But never the less that is an extremely good article. That looks like a butt cheap way to build an adjustable fan controller. I might try that trick to control my high speed fans.

I wonder what the thread size is? LS heads have a small metric thread temp sensor that wont fit any aftermarket stuff.