HybridZ

check out this HKS plenum!

OlderThanMe

Guest 280ZForce

that looks to be in bad shape, but maybe just needs to be blasted and redone. i've seen 1 on ebay awhile back that looked real good. it was 1 that some one had in the US already and I think it got up over $300.

very rare part indeed though.

Guest 280ZForce
Hmm, I don't see where the fuel injectors sit.

Is it the original HKS turbo kit? Pretty old skool [sp?], not to mention kinda historic. Would be pretty cool to do a vintage turbo set up.

the injectors would sit on the runners of the ITB's that would then bolt to this plenum. Yes, this is an original HKS surge tank for ITBs on a inline 6 L-series

Someone on this board needs to buy this at that price and put it to good use. Don't forget after WM lands in a few months every kid with a fat wallet is going to drive prices of these pieces up by 300%.

I'd buy it but I been sittin on a type 1 for a few years now, the search for a type 2 begins..:burnout:

Guest 280ZForce
This plenum is actualy for using the tripple carbs with a turbo, and i have proof!

yes, it can work with the triple carbs, but also with ITBs as well.

The 1 you picture is different than the other 1. The 1 pictured is setup differently. The 1 pictured 1st is most likely to bolt into ITBs, as the 1 you show seems it was setup for carbs, the was modified for a turbo setup.

Because if you do notice... the top 1 says HKS TURBO and the 1 you picture says HKS SURGE TANK.

I might be looking at it wrong, but picture 2 has the float bowl vent on it for side drafts and the restrictions on the port would cause a pressure drop and might be what Tony D was talking about in another post for having a higher pressure in the float bowls than the carb throat.

It would be interesting to get some pictured of the internals for my supercharged blow through side draft project.

The Devil Z is a Triple Carb, blow through turbo setup, it was also bored out and stroked to 3.1L. In the manga and game he is supposed to be running 600hp. I am also pretty sure the type of plenum i posted is the one he used in the manga. Either way they are both HKS plenums, just type 1 and type 2.

Guest 280ZForce
280zforce: Imagine how far ahead you would be if you started with that... :-P

No joke, I just had this engine built with all brand new sh*t lol...I'm sure you saw the 3 threads I posted :burnout: