HybridZ

New welder, new exhaust.

tec280zx

Hey all, bought a new Lincoln 175hd last week and decided my task would be to build the rest of my exhaust. Unfortunately, I still have the stock downpipe and a 2.5 inch magnaflow muffler. After the downpipe it transitions to a 3 inch cat, then 3 inch piping to a 2.5 muffler. I gotta reuse my muffler from my na setup till I can afford a new one. Anyways, heres some pictures, and yes my welding is horrendous. I took a class last winter and I only used a Lincoln 135 with gas, but this was all done with innershield. (Getting a tank soon) That and i've never welded "on car" before. Ok, theres my excuses.

2281236_128_full.jpg

2281236_126_full.jpg

2281236_123_full.jpg

2281236_124_full.jpg

Thanks Matt, I believe I used 3 3inch u bends that I bought at Summit Racing. Just cut and fit.

What do you guys recommend for cutting exhaust pipe? I used a hacksaw and it worked, but made the fitment of the pipes pretty lousy.

Oh, the wheels are Konig Rewinds, 15x7.

i bought a band saw... not a very staight cut, it likes to walk out

i also got a cheap chop saw i think it was like 50-80 buck and it came with an angle grinder got that from Princess auto i think that works the best on the cheap it has a clamp built in and it cuts straight and true

• 1 month later...
For 3" pipe use a long bi-metal blade on a reciprocating saw. Gotta love that Lincoln 175hd. I have one as well and I couldn't be happier. And yes, Mattsun, gas is a must!

sellling mandrel bends 10.00 each 2.25 2.5 3.0 ubends 90s 45s all 10.00 also fabricate exhaust and intercooler piping in my shop 917-578-6437 ron