HybridZ

how one engine changes equals three

76s30

well we all know s*** rolls down hill.

a short time ago I went and met WHEELER. I bought 3 l28s from him for a very reasonable price (Thanks Collin). One of them is a 81 turbo the fairlady gets this one. even though the engine in the fairlday won't be used as a "whole" the majority of the parts are getting put on one of the other l28's which is going into my 76 celica, the 20r from the celica already went into the samurai.

so it goes like this

new engine + fairlady -old engine+ celica- old engine + samurai = lot of work.

I feel this qualifies as hybridz material because the celica is getting an l28.

when I get working on it again I'll post some pics in the project sec.

gotta go get my frame bench back first.

Id put a 22r turbo from the 4Runner in that celica, now that would be a very nice combo, I had seen it done once before in a older corona.

That equaled out to be a very fast car.

I'm putting the fairlady back together this week with the f54/n42 triples and 280 cam. as it looks right now i'm still putting an l28 In the celica. just a turbo one now. those 22ret's are junk. its still a 22r which is a steadfast reliable engine. but the turbos sucked and they are plagued with problems I'd take an l28 over that any day.

l28 in a samurai have you ever even been in a samurai?

22r barely fits length wise. add 12" where am I going to sit. second I'd have to use nissan tranny and transfercase. nissan transfercases suck. and I'm already using toyota axles so that would mean funky driveshafts. third a 20r is heavy a l28 is wayyyy to heavy. for a samurai thats going through mud anyway.

l28 is just a little to heavy for my plans.

mine floated with the suzuki engine I hope it still will with all the added weight of 20r and dual t-cases, and toyota solid axles. and 18.4 -16.1 swathers

those are 44" x 18.5" fyi

my rad is also still in front.