HybridZ

Z32 gauges to SBC/700R4

Guest IndyParrothead

Guest IndyParrothead

Noob here...

I recently purchased a '90 Z32 NA already converted to a relatively stock SBC (327), and a TCI 700R4. 90% of everything is done, I just want to 'clean up' a few loose ends before planning some performance updates on the engine. None of the Z32 gauges work (only have aftermarket oil pressure and water temperature) and I would like to get them connected. I searched, but was unable to locate anything. Anyone got some Q&D info/diagrams for connecting these up? The only major issue I can see is I believe the speedo is electric and my tranny is mechanical.

IMG_6400.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

TIA!!

Curt

You're going to spend more time an effort than it is really worth to use the OEM Z32 cluster panel. If you have an electrical engineering background or formal training and have a FSM you can give it a shot. I have both and it is simply not worth it.

Grab yourself some autometers and build yourself a new cluster. You'll be satisfied.

Guest IndyParrothead
nice car man =)

Thanks! Out of respect for the PO, I hate to say I stole it, but given I paid less than the receipts he gave me on just the engine and tranny alone, I got a great deal. I'm looking forward to squeezing more power out of the engine and especially getting back in our local Z club (had a '77 previously)

Guest IndyParrothead
You're going to spend more time an effort than it is really worth to use the OEM Z32 cluster panel. If you have an electrical engineering background or formal training and have a FSM you can give it a shot. I have both and it is simply not worth it.

Grab yourself some autometers and build yourself a new cluster. You'll be satisfied.

I was afraid of that. :-D And I just sold a complete set of Cyberdynes. Oh well, guess I'll pickup an old one off of eBay and start rebuilding. Thanks for the info!

Guest IndyParrothead
Had it at the track yet? Good looking swap. Post pics of them gauges.

I haven't even been able to license it yet, so no track time. Hopefully it'll be ready soon. Appears the shop did a pretty good job. Saved me a boatload of money and headaches. The only issue I'm trying to work through right now is the tranny shifts too soon (goes to 3rd within 300')