HybridZ

Finally, Watanabes, Tires mounted, mocked up

watanabestiresmounted001.jpg

I'm not really rich or anything, I just spend all of my money on my car.

The wheels are the same as austin's 16x9.5, and 16x9, tires are 255/50/16 for the rear and 245/45/16 on the front. I didnt realize the 50s would be so much bigger, but hopefully they'll fit up there.

watanabestiresmounted002.jpg

watanabestiresmounted003.jpg

watanabestiresmounted004.jpg

watanabestiresmounted005.jpg

watanabestiresmounted006.jpg

watanabestiresmounted007.jpg

watanabestiresmounted008.jpg

watanabestiresmounted009.jpg

watanabestiresmounted010.jpg

watanabestiresmounted011.jpg

watanabestiresmounted012.jpg

watanabestiresmounted013.jpg

the wheels will be further out than that, once i actually have the suspension in there. and the zg's mounted... right now ive been focusing on being able to roll this thing around before i leave for school in late june. I've got most of the suspension assembled together. But I just dont work on her enough.

Has anyone else run a 255/50/16 in the rear? on a 16x9.5 -19 offset wheel?

Great pictures. Love the wedding ring. Anyway, they look great with the 50's series tires, kind of a "chunky" old school look. Heh, I like it. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting the size of the wheel so that we won't get 10 posts asking about the wheel size. Hrm, you could amend your first post and provide the price, retailer, offset, and bolt pattern just to stave off any other possibilities.

Nice wheels, man. At least you can SEE where your money is going :2thumbs:

Davy

Yeah the chunky oldschool look was kind of what i was going for. Idk yet if the sidewall is too much yet.. I guess i'll see once i set it on the ground again. I'm not the hugest fan of the stretched sidewall look...and i didnt really like how i would have had [ if i had done what everyone else chooses] wider wheels in the back with the same sized tire as the front. kinda pointless imho.

anyhow, we'll see how it looks in a bit.

p.s. I was inspired by zguy95315's car in this pic. I like the amount of sidewall there.

451234_18_full.jpg

p.p.s I got the front wheels from 240zmaster "quoc" and the rears are 240ztt's old [barely used] wheels, that i found in the classifieds.

• 2 years later...