HybridZ

need the corvette experts to chime in

David K

Hey guys,

How much should i sell my vette for? Its a '75 with '82 front and rear body. The motor is stock and runs really smooth and quiet. The previous owner (dead), took off the interior door panels and know i have the passenger side, i swear i saw the drivers side yesterday. We also have the original hubcaps. Im about to post it for sale, should i use craigslist or ebay? Ill get better pics for the sale, i just want opinions now. Excuse the mess at the house, its not mine and all the crap being cleaned belonged to the dead guy.

vette1.jpg

vette2.jpg

vette3.jpg

vette4.jpg

That'd go for 3-4k around here, but I don't know how much of a price difference there is between Nebraska and California.

Funny, but that sounds correct if sold "as is."

David, is the car running? If not, see above. If it is running, you might be able to squeak out more money with some cleaning and detailing. I think this is one of the things you were bestowed even though you maybe didn't exactly want or need it. I like older Vettes though. Too bad you don't have the room for yet another project. Good luck, my friend!

Davy

it's red, red vettes always bring more money than most other color vettes.

1975, calif 1st yr for cats on ca cars.

you don't have to install the door panels, just clean em real well. clean the interior. wipe, vacuum, clean all the glass.

clean the seats, don't put seat covers on the seats. don't waste money on anything other than cleaning.

why the 81 nose and rear ? wrecked or preference. makes a difference in price.

hard to believe the t top 75 as a collectable, but they have reached that status.

for reference. i currently have a 58 vette ( since 74 ). have owned 2 other vettes. '70 LT-1 roadster and 1981 fiberglass pig. chevrolet quit building corvettes in '74 and started again in '86.

if car is smog legal and wasn't wrecked , currently registered, is turn key drive from long beach to san jose ca with out breaking down, power windows, door locks, all that stuff works, from the pics, you are looking at asking around $8500 .

hard part is with the body mods, it is no longer a 75 vette. it's a bastard step child. the the 75 t top isn't all that collectable and the body mods makes it less so. even though it probably cost in neighborhood of 5 grand before paint to have the rear and front clip hung and glassed the mods actually detracted from the value of the car.

if it is safe to drive to san jose, will pass smog test ( ca state law states:seller must provide smog certificate at time of sell ), i'd post on craigslist as conservatively customized '75 vette and ask 10,000.

when people come to see it, tell em no idea what it's worth and get em to make offers.

i am thinking realistically, will sell for around 7 grand.

if car is running and able to move under its own power. can't be safely driven by one's grandmother more than 3 miles but, could be driven by a car guy, we are talking 5 grand.

if won't pass smog, will drag itself onto a trailer 1/2 a block away, you are basically selling a rolling project car. again, remember it is not a 75, it is a bastard car, you are talking 3500 to 4500. if it was wrecked and evidence remains, in running, drag itself to the trailer under own power, won't pass smog, ect. in that condition, 3k.

lots of variables. lots of fools with money. tell you, the more gold chains, cologne, buyer is wearing and the more cigars the buyer is chomping on, the more likely he is to buy it.

good luck, wayne

Wow thanks for the replies guys. Im hoping to get a nice amount for the Vette. Just for you guys, i cleaned up the engine bay and interior, and washed the car. I did as much as i could without taking things apart. It made a world of difference. I made 6 videos, and took a whole lot of pictures today. Let me know what you think.

start up and rev

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8qO4j8boZ4

test drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3jUu4V-5yc

returning from test drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4bYohkyasg

Acceleration Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2Xc03H7jUs

Lighting Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Tlb8vJ3OXc

Radio Test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roZB3UgNx-0

75corvette01.jpg

75corvette02.jpg

75corvette03.jpg

75corvette04.jpg

75corvette05.jpg

75corvette06.jpg

75corvette07.jpg

75corvette08.jpg

75corvette09.jpg

75corvette10.jpg

75corvette12.jpg

75corvette13.jpg

75corvette14.jpg

75corvette15.jpg

75corvette16.jpg

75corvette17.jpg

75corvette18.jpg

75corvette19.jpg

75corvette20.jpg

75corvette21.jpg

75corvette22.jpg

75corvette23.jpg

75corvette24.jpg

75corvette25.jpg

75corvette26.jpg

75corvette27.jpg

75corvette28.jpg

75corvette29.jpg

75corvette30.jpg

run it over to the pomona county fairgrounds. swap meet every 3 months.

put sign on it 10,500 and go from there.

http://www.pomonaswapmeet.com/

Welcome to the Pomona Swap Meet Home Page specifically designed for the antique auto enthusiast. We invite you to visit one or more of the eight events sponsored by George Cross & Sons, Inc., held at the Fairplex in Pomona.

At each event you will find hundreds of vendors in over 3,000 vendor spaces selling tons of hard to find car parts and accessories at low swap meet prices. Thousands of vehicles (many for sale, some just for show) from all across the country are displayed by their owners in five distinct Cars for Show & Sale Areas (Antique Autos - pre-75, Corvettes, Porsches, Street Rods and Volkswagens .) The event is appealing to a diverse and international audience, with up to 20,000 buyers and spectators each show. People come from all over the globe just see the West Coast's Largest Antique Auto, Corvette, Porsche, Street Rod and Volkswagen Swap Meet and Car Show.

The five distinct Cars for Show and/or Sale areas are set up for vehicle owners to display their antique vehicle, or any year Corvette or Porsche for just $25 admission.

Buyers and spectators will find thousands of unique, original stock, antique, vintage and custom vehicles and parts for sale. Come check us out!! Events are just eight times per year.

This section of Pomonaswapmeet.com is designed to help customers buy and sell Antique Autos, Corvettes, Porsches, Street Rods, Volkswagens and other specialty vehicles including many miscellaneous rides. Let us do the selling for you at Pomona Classifieds.

Ah, so this car is actually running. Man, if it drives and such, that changes things. I'm sure you could go with a higher price than what I originally stated. I thought this was just a pile sitting there. Washing it made a world of difference too. Nice.

Davy

• 1 month later...