HybridZ

new radio install

caszboy

Ok, this is my first time EVER creating a radio mount for a car. i have built sub boxes and other stuff and this was by far the hardest just because the center council is concave. This made it kind of hard as far as sanding goes. but anyways...

Here are some pics of the work in progress. I did the test fitting for it today and its going to look great IMO! What do y’all think?

Also, i have a radio, im just using the CD changer to help with the fab.

2598780_36_full.jpg

2598780_35_full.jpg

2598780_34_full.jpg

here is a new pic with the cameleon stereo installed. I used the cameleon just because it doesn't 'stand out' but i still get all the modern tech I'm used to.

the ruff line will be hidden once i screw the center console in place. once i paint it black i think it will turn out good. the stereo should just kind of blend in with the rest of the car.

2598780_37_full.jpg

2598780_38_full.jpg

yeah, im just going to paint it flat black to match the rest of the interior.

question though, should i primer then paint? if i do flat black should i clear coat? i have always just painted it in the past for sub boxes and stuff butt this will be exposed to sun light all the time and i don't want it to fade.

Guest reddeth
yeah, im just going to paint it flat black to match the rest of the interior.

question though, should i primer then paint? if i do flat black should i clear coat? i have always just painted it in the past for sub boxes and stuff butt this will be exposed to sun light all the time and i don't want it to fade.

Definetly primer, it will make the finished product look consistent and very nice.

This is going to sound like common sense, but just in case: do NOT buy a gloss clear coat, make sure you get a SATIN clear coat. If you buy a gloss clear, and put it on a flat black, guess what your flat black is going to look like?

lol, i didnt even think about that reddeth. thanks for the heads up. im going to paint it this weekend. i had to put the deck in just to have music. im currently thinking of plans to put some 6 1/2' rockford speakers in there. right now the PO had a house speaker in there from an old radio. I HAVE to get that fixed, its horrible!