HybridZ

New Suspension and Brakes Finished

Brakes:

I redid the rear brakes with new OEM Tociko actuators, new aluminum drums and new shoes. The front I redid with SCCAs billet 4piston setup and the 11.3"x.81 rotors. I also made new SS lines for the front.

I have only driven a few miles to seat the new pads and it seems to be working well. The pedal is not as soft as I thought since I have 4x1.75" pistons up front. I did notice that after a point in the pedal that the brakes start to really bite hard and it stops well.

Suspension:

I took out both the front and rear suspensions completely and had them sandblasted and powdercoated. In the front I place all new urethane bushings, bumpstops and new Tociko blues. I also cut the spring perch and moved up the front 5/8" while still using the Tociko performance spring.

In the rear I put all new urethane bushings on both the inner/outer control arms and moved up the spring perch 2.25" will a cutdown 2+2 springs. Also, new bumpstops and Tociko blues. I also rebuilt the CVs and placed new seals in the diff along with some Amsoil synthetic gear lube(75W-90). The back sits up a bit high, but I kinda like the ground clearance I now have.

So, the car drives like my wifes new Protege 5. I hit bumps and it no longer feels as if the car is going to explode. The difference is just awesome and maybe I can finally enjoy driving my car!

Excellent! My current 240 is the nicest driving one I've had yet so I know what you mean! (Still got a couple of clunks to chase down, but I'm getting there) One of the best mods I did was the 205 55 16 tires. handle great and are real close to the stock tire height. That extra diameter really helps smooth out the road.

Hey I would like to know what the 1971 240Z tire size was. Tire size I mean as in 24" tall or?

The car came with 15" centerlines with 225/50-15's.

Mike

If I remember correctly it was a 175 75 14 which was right about 25" tall. 175/25.4=6.89 x .75 = 5.1675 x 2 =10.335 + 14= 24.335" and 205/25.4=8.07" section width x 55%=4.44 x 2 = 8.88 + 16= 24.88" while yours 225/25.4=8.86 x .5 = 4.43 x 2 = 8.86+15 = 23.86"