HybridZ

Is Modern Motorsports still in business...!!!

HI all,

I love this forum, thanks for all the great post!!!!!!!

So, I have 2 questions for Modern Motorsports and they dont seem to ever respond, I have cold hard cash in my pocket and its burrning a hole in it.

I just bought a 240Z with a 350 V8 in it, its dam nice, not as extreme as dome of the rides Ive seen on here, but she's my baby.

Well, the guy I bought it from did a few silly things to her, and it time to correct them and make her right again.

What Im trying to do is to replace some very chees'e cast aluminum front wheel 4 to 5 lug adapters the guy installed.

Im looking at the 2 that Modern Motor sports sells and the pro's and con's are not jumping out at me.

Id like to keep the stock brakes for now, cause Im going to upgrade closer to the end of the year on the brakes end of things (bonus from work).

The car has 15" wheels with a 5 X 4.5" bolt pattern that I need to perserve.

So, my dream would be to find out the pro's and con's of both of the Modern Motorsports hubs (is there an advantage teh the offset, will my stock brakes work, etc...), teh other option is for me to get some from Arizona Z car.

If anyone has a phone # to Modern Motorsports please let me know, Id love to place the order in person over the phone.

The other option is to make my own, but that would require more effort that they are pro. worth, Modern Morotsports please respond!!!!!!!!!!!!, wha, wha, wha, wha, wha, ....

Hope to hear from you all...

You will not get a phone number here for Ross from MM, but realize that Ross is a busy man and it may take him some time to respond. But, he will respond. This has been stated over and over, but he runs this business on the side. He will respond, his parts are top notch, and he's amazing to work with. I've bought several parts from him in the past and will be buying more from him soon for my 280.

If you search, you'll find that most people that are looking for him didn't give him a reasonable amount of time to respond.

This question gets asked a lot. Just be patient. It's worth the wait.

Our apologies your inquiry hasn't been addressed.

I assure you we're busily addressing what's been a nuttier spring than usual and response times can be challenged on occasion. All but one of this weeks orders have shipped so far.

I don't know 'sharpee' from our iother nquiries and yours isn't the only hub purchase underway, could you please drop us a chaser note today? Your forum email's not enabled.

Many thanks!

MMS,

Awesome, you guys are still around and making parts, eveyone has great things to say about your parts.

So, what Im looking for is "Front" 5 lug hubs (5 X 4.5").

And my questions are as follows:

1st - Which of your "Front" 5 lug hubs will work with the stock brakes?

2nd - Is there a option to turn a set out of steel?

3rd - Are the aluminum front hubs on the shelf ready to ship?

I look forward to your response, and doing business with MMS...!!!

Best Regards,

Pete

Ross,

I have a shipping status or a tracking number please.

Thanks,

Steve Bryant

Steve, email sent. (Summary: just searched your ID and no order on record in our webshop at all. Your browser must have closed after paypal and thus no order closed in our webshop. Just reorder, select payment by check so we get all terms and you only pay the once.) It'll ship Monday.

Tom, email sent.

Pete, responses sent.

Summary:

- why stock brakes :) (couldn't help that one)

- we do replacement aluminum hubs for all factory hubs typically in use on Z's (240Z/280Z/Z31, so yes, direct replacement hub allows brakes to remain same if desired or staged upgrades etc) plus others like zero offset 5lug '240Z', and an integral one piece Z 4 bolt hub for the vented 4x4 setup that requires no additional spacer

-could be made from steel but we'd likely never do it for functional and economic reasons, why heavier??? objective is lighter with increased performance and proper strength

-some styles on the shelf, some sold out, many incoming from new machining run and option still open for customs to be added as usual