HybridZ

dear Z pro's i have a ?????????????????

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just bought a 76 Z and after driving the car for a few days I have to say it drives like **** I really want to make this thing handle and stop like a race car I am use to driving my 94 RX7 with Racing Beat coilover suspesion,F/R sway bars,F/R strut bars and Brembo brakes.I want the Z to feel like the 7 is tht possible?

I also want to stiffen the chassis please give me sites and links for the stuff I need.

thanke for your help guys

P.S I'm planning to stuff a RB 26 DETT in this thing

Guest scca

you can get the z to drive nice but likely not as nice as a 3rd gen Rx as they have double a arm susp if i remember correctly..

but with the right parts a z can go very nicely

Mike neglects to specifically mention that he sells such parts ;) .

Also, if ya gots the dough (and he'll surely reply to this post soon-like anywayz), Mikelly has some fully adjustable suspension arms he could sell ya.

Chassis stiffening? I'm funna make my own braces, but places like MSA and TopEnd sell such parts.

You can't compare a 76 model car with a 94 model, wear and tear for a start. But with the right mods your Z will drive and perform well. A mate of mine has a fully rebuilt 76 with RB30ET engine, hi flow turbo, MoTec EMS etc etc and it is a rocket ship, so will yours be with the RB26DET.

Welcome to the permanent hobby Z improvement club smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

I want to do the suspension and brakes + all the bushings but i need the E brake to work. who makes a kit? and i want 5 lug.

i sold the RB 26 i had simply because it was missing the a lot of stuff like harness, ECU, air flow and some sensors but i bought a 2jzgte the came out off a wrecked 95 that had 50000 mails on it and it includes a harness and ECU + all the sensors are there and this bad boy will make 430-440 rwhp with bolt on parts for a lot less $$$$$$$$$$$$$ then the RB I just need a trans now wish my luck guys IM gona need it........

O and one more thing Tht1KSguy the Internet is global buddy ...........just kidding

Guest Anonymous

260DET and scca I have raced a few z’s on some road course racing events back when I was in TX and they out handled every thing out there corvettes Porsches + my fully prepped 7 and the all had L6 motors in them whit mild mods only.

Welcome DRIFT MASTER ;)

Not sure it'll handle as similarly to your RX7 as you may like but if you enjoyed the ride of prior prepped Z's and think a similar setup or notch up in some categories would satisfy you then by all means enjoy the planning and you'll be enjoying a supercar once complete:)

You've certainly found a fine place to field your q's and contribute your experiences as well :D

I like your handle, a friend's plate is 'L8APEX' which I'm fond of as well smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

Its not that its just that I’m putting that supra motor in there and I want it to corner, brake and be stable at hi speeds.

SCCA sells the coilovers you'll need. Mikelly sells the suspension arms etc. SCCA sells the brakes you'll want including an E-Brake setup but I've yet to have the time to install mine - it's been months now :( In the end it probably won't feel like the RX7 but it will FLY! Braking will be damned nice too ;)

The 2JZGTE will be "fun" to install as the turbo manifold etc. might get in the way. If so consider a small single and that 440RWHP mark will SKYROCKET into the 500s. My 95 Supra made 390RWHP427ftlbs with just an exhaust and bumped boost FWIW. You'll want a good intercooler regardless, look into the AEM PnP ECU too if you want a fully programmable computer.

Somewhere I've got some pics of a Zupra that has a single turbo and th eENTIRE Supra TT drivetrain in it. It doesn't show nearly enough (E-Bay pics) but it might help. Lemme' know if you're interested...