HybridZ

dash swap options

V8_DatZun

i've got a 83 280zx. i've tried a 280z dash in it.. it fits pretty good.. needs maybe a little trim of some type around it to get it to look good (also you have to make custom brackets etc) but im not happy with the fitment... anyone tried a 1st gen 300zx dash? the cars look alot alike although i havent really looked inside... anyone tried to fit the dash? i have custom gauges and i've cut my zx dash all up to make a custom dash just havent got the fiberglassing done yet as i've been working 7 days a week most of the time. just wondering if the 300zx could be a quick easy option for now

• 2 months later...
I am considering a Supra dash for when I do a IMSA widebody, 2JZ powered 260.......

I first have to finish my Turbo Tom 240 which will take me about another year and a half.....

how well does the supa dash fit im sure there will be some triming and what yr supra

• 2 months later...

300zx dash is a bit wider if I do remember ....

I thought I was gonna put one in mine... But I'm not good with the whole vinyl deal.. and as for the fix I got a different 280zx and it had a good dash....

But I imagine if you could work with the stuff that covers a dash it could work nicely.. although I think it would end up cutting like 1/2 inch into the glove box.,.. eyt another turnaway point for me.

good luck