HybridZ

to much power maybe

Guest imagadget

• Administrators
Folks,

you are forgetting a couple of things. Most all here that are running an R200, bought a used 20-25 yr-old part with no idea of the condition or how it was mantained. For all you know, when you bought it, it still had the original lube from the factory. The other thing is that most of the hard charging cars mentioned in this post run automatics. imagadget did say he will be using a TH350 and have no plans for drag racing so it has a very good chance of surviving.

OTOH, if it is an open diff with regular street tires, frequent wheelspins will probably bust the spider gears and retaining pin. I recall jmortensen writing an excellent article on this topic.

Good points, all of them Scottie. A clutch is harder on the power train than a torque converter, for sure.

In jgkurz’s defense, for a stick shift application that is making brutal power, i.e. 400+ HP, even shod with street tries, a clutch can shock load the power train with tremendous energy, especially if the slack wasn’t taken out of the drive train when the clutch is, shall we say, released. Things tend to go “BANG” with that kind of shock loading…

Guest imagadget

Yes I plan on staying with the Automatic I plan on going much better brakes Chevy wheels already has new sway bars and adj konis reinforced floor and chassis a real bargain at $100. triple Webber good motor and 4 speed tranny lots of aro work on the body

I echo the remarks that the R200 should hold up fine.

Now the u-joint axles... well I would suggest getting away from those and going to the 300zx turbo CV's and adaptor flanges from http://www.modern-motorsports.com

You'll thank me if you just do it first, and just forget about trying to run the u-joint axles.

regards, mike