HybridZ

BW T5 driveshaft, front yoke fit question

zigzag240

Need help on this......I have a '71 240 with F54 and Nissan '83 BW T5 and R200. When I put the trans in a few years ago I had the T5 driveshaft shortened by a couple of inches to fit. Now I want to get a 'real' driveshaft fabricated to replace the old one which is getting shaky and I'm doing measurements to have one made.

Here's my question: where the front yoke goes into the tail of the trans, it passes through a round "collar". And just in front of the u-joint is a fat ring that fits inside this collar.

Can anyone tell me where exactly this ring is supposed to sit? It it supposed to be perfectly flush with the end of the collar, or sit inside a fraction of an inch? Anyone have a stock setup they can glance at for me?

----------l___________

----------l

I appeciate your checking for me.

When I had my old driveshaft welded I remember it was a 1/2 inch or so too long or short but can't remember which. So if I know exactly where the front disc is positioned in the tailsghaft I can estimate the exact length of the new one.

I think you are talking about the shielded rear seal? I had a Wenco shaft made for mine, they were very knowledgeable. The only available slip yoke for the Nissan BW trans is the OEM joint one. The guys at Wenco said they could turn down a Torqflite slip yoke to the proper OD for the Nissan seal and bushing and let you run 1310 joints. I used the Nissan yoke and joint on the front of mine and used a 1310 joint on the diff with the Neapco adapter. Google Wenco and give them a call.