HybridZ

and then all things went ka-chunk. . . . .

therustedgauge

so, i'm driving down the road in my S130 and all of a sudden ka-chunk happens and BLAM!!!!!! riding my tire in the wheel well. . . --- so, i get it home finally today via AAA flat-bed service extraordinary vehicle transportation.

and uh... so i found out that I was randomly missing a bolt that held my rear passenger side Strut Assembly into the spindle on the hub . . . and uh, I wonder why the hell that is? :ass:

anyone have any random things like this happen?

You know, that's the second time I've seen someone mention their spindle pin just randomly fell out...and wished that I should be so lucky! Man I had to use an air chisel to pound mine out! Although I wouldn't want them to fall out while driving, I'm still a little jealous of people who's pins just come right out.

• Administrators
You know, that's the second time I've seen someone mention their spindle pin just randomly fell out...and wished that I should be so lucky! Man I had to use an air chisel to pound mine out! Although I wouldn't want them to fall out while driving, I'm still a little jealous of people who's pins just come right out.

The S-130’s, aka 280-ZXs, don’t have a rear spindle pin like the S-30 cars. wink.gif The 280-ZX is a semi trailing arm rear suspension. The rear strut is more of a “coil over shock” in design and by his description, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the lower “strut” mount coming off it s locating pin.

If an S-30 did loose its spindle pin, the wheel wouldn’t slam up into the wheel well as the wheel would still be attached to the strut which would still be attached to the strut tower, though I guess it could very well swing way out into the road if the half shaft and brake lines didn’t contain it… .. (not a pretty thought.)

its basically like part of the top of the spindal has a steel rod that pokes out that the actual round-end of the strut goes onto; you then bolt it up accordingly into this peice.

doh.

oh well, M12x1.25 (i used a 35mm hex grd 8 bolt, two washers and a lock nut) to all who have a 280ZX

important note: i was only able to find this bolt at NAPA... not even Home Depot or Lowe's carried this bolt size, or Autozone or Adv Auto Parts. :-|

Really? Nobody had a 12mmX1.25 bolt? What length did you need, maybe that was the issue? I just recently found a place that sells nothing BUT nuts and bolts, that's where I bought the Grade 8 5/8"X10" bolt and lock nut to replace the spindle pins that I had to cut and air chisel out...