HybridZ

Non-Chrome rear bumper for my 240z

jknc90

Hey guys, I was rear-ended in my 240 about a week ago and I finally got the insurance check today. My problem is that all of the rear bumpers I find are really expensive and chrome. I don't want either one lol. Does anybody know where I can find a good, non-chrome rear bumper that isn't too expensive? Or if any of you have one for sale, let me know.

Thanks

Jon

Yeah you can either get the fg one from MSA or do what Zya said. One benefit of the metal bumper is you could powdercoat it which would be more durable then paint. Ive got the fg ones and Im not sure if its only mine but Im gonna need to do a bit of bondo and sanding on the bumper to get it all smooth.

Heres the FG

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7BSA01/50-1750

http://www.jimcookracing.com/catalog/page12.html

Me and my Dad were talking about the FG bumpers earlier and came to the conclusion that a FG bumper might work in a similarly to the "crush zones" on newer cars by taking the force of the impact and shattering so that some of the energy from the hit will be released with the breaking of the bumper

:burnout: If you want a rear bumper for the 240Z, I may have one I can swap to you. You have to come here and pick it up (Fayetteville, NC). If you want one just give me a call at (910) 987-5194. I may have one already stripped and painted. But I know I have one that needs to be stripped of the chrome (has some rust on it). Good Luck, Rich.:icon6:

:burnout: If you want a rear bumper for the 240Z, I may have one I can swap to you. You have to come here and pick it up (Fayetteville, NC). If you want one just give me a call at (910) 987-5194. I may have one already stripped and painted. But I know I have one that needs to be stripped of the chrome (has some rust on it). Good Luck, Rich.:icon6:

What do you mean by "I may have one I can swap to you"?

Jon