HybridZ

Little bit of Z art

Vintage

Just thought I would share alittle bit of my artwork with you fellas, even though I dont post a whole lot (lurker). It's a form of artwork known as pixelcars. I did everybit of it, except the intercooler on the tuned one is by Twizm, another pixelcar artist. I didnt make a stock 240z, just a stock 280z, and converted it to a 240z when I tuned it.

1975Datsun280ZKK.png

240zwip2.png

Just thought you guys might like to see them.

Edit: Oh, and this is an older peice by me. I remade this stock Z32 from Sawb's (another artist) original, which was vastly outdated.

z32kk.png

It's not really difficult, most people use MS Paint to make them, although some people use Photoshop. There are forums dedicated to them at

http://www.pixelcars.com if you want to try it. I've been doing this kind of art for almost 3 years now I think. The squished ones like mine above are called Kuru Kuru, or KK for short, while there are also proportional, larger ones, referred to as scaleds.

• 1 year later...

I was, I ended up going a slightly different route after I got my Master's though. I'm now a producer at a small educational video game company in Orlando called 360ed. I do some low level art-related tasks like world building and so on as it becomes necessary, but I'm more of a game designer. Producer is kind of a nebulous job, it's sort of hard to describe. You pretty much find things that need doing, and get them done, whether that's figuring out who on the team will get the best results, or doing it yourself. It's definitely a rewarding career path though, way more exciting than working at the Saturn Dealership (the one i was at before I went back to school has since closed down). I've been doing some 3D modeling in Maya lately, as well as some digital painting in Photoshop CS3. Our company website and my personal portfolio are in my signature.

digital painting:

conceptSteamMegaMan_Col-1.jpg

3D model (wip):

megamanWIP.jpg

and just some random drawings i've been doing while waiting for software to load at work (this can take some time depending on the size of the files):

werewolves-1.jpg

drowRogueConcept.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hey, fellas. I've been on the forum for quite a while, and recently became curious about where some members were getting these "pixel cars" in their signatures. I have done some t-shirt artwork for my local club (Emerald City Z) and another semi-local club (Traingle Z). I know no one asked, but I thought I'd like to share a couple of my simple designs.

ECZC06.jpgECZC10.jpg

TZC09.jpgTZC10.jpg

Edited by zcarcrazy

Hey Vintage, I grabbed your base for the 280. I'm modifying it now. It's sort of addictive. Good job on the base, BTW.

Veritech-z, you've got some amazing artwork. I'd really love to get into 3D, but I just don't have the time to devote to it. Great stuff. I'm sure in the 2 years since this thread started you've both gotten even better at your respective crafts.

19752802+2, those sketches remind me of a 3D concept that has been floating around for a while. I'd love to see what you come up with for the profile of the car. Wheels have always been the hardest thing for me to think up.

I really like this thread. I'd love to see artwork from more of the members. I know we have some great artists, considering the creativity that many display in their abilities to create such incredible cars.