HybridZ

The 280Z That I Rescused Is Being Magazine Featured!

slownrusty

Guys - A few months ago you will will remember I rescued a 280Z that had been sitting in a Forest for almost 15years. The car had an interesting story, as my friend who is a Mechanical Engineer, had emigrated to Shanghai and has no intention of returning to the U.S and he left the car's at his parent's 10 acre property in the Forest. His folks were tired of seeing the car and were going to crush it this Spring. They called me and I could no bear to have this car crushed so I literally dug it out and brought it home.

Sooooo...I wrote to Classic Cars in England (one of my favorite magazines) and told them the story. I totally forgot that I had written them until the Editor emailed me to say that I had won their "Discovered" story section and the car will be featured in their August edition, a few days later I received a check for $200 as well!

I was honored and I am excited. Thought I would share.

As for the 280Z it is actually running (and running well) under its own power, I have really spent alot of time and about $400 on it so far, today I actually take it on its first maiden voyage around the block.

Here it is when I rescued it:

238907182.jpg

238907162.jpg

New floors being welded in:

242441853.jpg

Work continues!

Yasin

That is totally cool!

Anytime I hear a story of somebody rescuing anything with an internal combustion engine from the crusher or chicken coop purgatory, it's always inspirational. The fact that it's a Z warms the cockles of my heart even further.

Guest Death69

The fact that it's a Z warms the cockles of my heart even further.

hehe hehe hehe... cockles. sorry, got distracted. congrats man. ill be sure to try and check it out when the mag. comes out