HybridZ

Custom 2.75/3" Exhaust Questions...help!

godgaveussid

Just a couple of newb questions. The car is a 95 240sx. I am doing a custom headers back exhaust. I am looking to swap to a 1jzgtte in a little less than a year but I still want a little more sound and performance out of my ka24. All the 240sx guys have told me that because of its larger displacment four cylinder, I should go 2.75 or 3 in. I would also like to avoid having to swap exhausts when I go with the 1j. MY questions are as follows...

1. Where can I get mandrel bent 2.75 or 3in. piping. Is that ebay stuff quality or is there a name brand place to get my pipes?

2. I am planning to run an ACTUAL hks or apexi muffler, how loud is this going to be? Should I also get a resonator?

3. (for the KA24/240sx guys) I want to go testpipe, is this going to throw my ka24 out of tune badly?

I have found a good guy at a reputible place to bending, welding and assembley is no issue. Any other comments or advise would be appreciated..

Thanks as always,

Max.

with piping that large on an N/A motor you're going to lose a lot of power and your car will be disturbingly loud;however, if u must, get a good shop to madrel bend an exhaust for you or just get some U- bends and some straight piping and weld away. BTW your 1jz motor swap will probably cost twice what you have budgeted and will take way more time than expected, so down time for your ride can be a lot longer than you think... look into everything a little more and keep your options open...bcuz u might end up having to live with an annoying 3" exhaust for longer than expected + with all the tickets you get, you might just end up wasting more money than doing the cat-back twice...just my $.02