My 71' 240 w/ Subtle Z front flares & 280YZ rears

Guest LT4Justin

Guest LT4Justin

SOLD

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=123&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=127&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=130&g2_serialNumber=2

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=133&g2_serialNumber=2

And its for sale! I realize this isn't technically the right forum to be posting this, and I apologize if I'm stepping on anybody's toes.

It's just that this is probably the only forum on the internet where the amount of time and money that have gone into a motorless, primered Datsun can really be appreciated.

Basically the project is far enough along that the hard part is over, but early enough that anybody who buys it can finish it to their taste.

(I was actually planning on going with a dark silver metallic, with charcoal for the front bumper and tail light panel)

I can post up the specifics if anybody wants them. For someone planning on undertaking a widebody car, this would save you a fair amount of money and a whole lot of time.

Guest LT4Justin

It's in primer right now... I'm assuming to get it into paint, it'd just need to be cleaned off. I've never painted a car before though.

Few more details on it:

Car was taken down to bare metal and had all custom body work professionally done, including:

-shaved emblem, and vents

-shaved rain gutters, and rear bumper

-All body work forward of the the passenger compartment is fiberglass (except for the headlight buckets)

-hinged fiberglass hood

-front "bumper" is actually a fiberglass piece that weighs next to nothing.

-VR engineering Subtle Z front fenders, and 280YZ rear flares. According to the literature, you should be able to run up to a 9.5" wide wheel in the front, and a 12" wide wheel in the rear.

Car has a 15 gallon fuel cell and R200 open-diff rear end already installed (I think it's has a 3.3X gear, but not 100% sure)

Car has been indoors since the body work was completed

Have all glass for the car, but the windshield has a big crack.

Car comes with the original dash, which has a VDO tach and speedo already installed

Bolt in 4-pt roll bar

have boxes and boxes of miscllaneous parts and the original rust free fenders and hood.... all go with the car.

$3,500 OBO for everything

Guest LT4Justin
I am pretty interested, can you get some more pics of the interior, rocker panels, and underneath the car.

I can do that, unfortunately it won't be till this weekend though (The car is being stored in my grandma's garage which is about 2.5 hours north of where I live)

Guest LT4Justin
Ooh, judging by the no secret compartments behind the seats it looks like an early series one, so nice and lightweight.:)

Indeed it is.

Guest LT4Justin

Ok, took a ton more pictures today. The only thing to really speak of is the battery box was cut out by the previous owner, which you can see in some of the engine bay pics. I'll just post a link to the gallery, as there's 60 or so new pictures to look at.

Everything pictured goes with the car EXCEPT the engine parts and tranny. Also, as I stated before the windshield has a big crack in it.

http://www.casadenico.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=115

Guest LT4Justin
Damn Dynamat :) Wish it was closer to me.

Yeah, the dynamat came with the car. I can yank it out if necessary.

It's the same old story. I started the project a few years back, but around the time the bodywork was being finished I decided to quit my job and go back to school. The car then proceeded to sit in my family's garage due to the lack of expendable income to throw at it.

After I got out of school and started working full time again, I reached a crossroads where I could either continue throwing money into the Datsun, or buy a car I could drive now. I opted to buy a C5, so the Z has to go. :-(

My number is 574-612-8985 if anybody wants to set up an appointment or anything.