HybridZ

Some very very sad news

wigenOut-S30

My 240 was purchased new in Missouri in the summer of 1971 and brought to Tucson, AZ two months later, where it's spent it's entire life. Zero rust. I hardly ever see early Zs advertised here in Tucson, but Phoenix has a much larger population and I'm sure a good number are rust-free natives.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

Just last night, a guy stopped buy to buy the 4 speed tranny, that had been in my 78 since new. He has a 71 240Z that he said will be for sale after the tranny install and showed me a picture of it. I didn't ask the price, but it sure looked nice from the pic, which got me thinking the same thing about my car.

I don't have any battery tray rust, but I do need rockers, and a cowl, and I noticed recently that holes in the front frame rails were starting, not to mention the Earl Scheib broom job paint that is fading fast.

This all got me thinking how much work and money a good paint job and body work would cost compared to just buying a clean classic would be.

dude my car was 10 times worse, part of being in canada. the only parts that werent repaired were the doors and roof. everything else was cut out and properly patched on every other panel. i feel it was worth every cent of my time.