HybridZ

different tail lights

woodboxer

Ok, I think I've got it ressurected. Right click on the below and let it download to your computer, then play it in Windows Media Player or other .wmv player.

Right Click Here and Save As

Warren

hey warren , i watched it and it gives at least an idea what is involved, btw i like your dog , we have a boxer too, except this one we didn't crop the ears. and ours is still a pup, although they tell me they are always a pup.

thanks again bob

ya actaully when i looked at it last night i noticed an AE emblem , but after i got home and got thinking about it , i'm not sure if its an Ae or not, cant rememeber if the t-bar was mirrored , or if the wheel wells have the extensions, or if the seat( really bad shape ) had the sound system in them , i was just concerned if it was a turbo and the low milage on it and to make sure the motor sounded OK, i know the paint job sucked , it has been painted a couple of times and it is rough, the hatch is rusted, but i already found another one so , i may not be too bad when i get home , hopefully tonight. i will try and post pics when i do. later bob

05 /06 mustang tailights huh any pics ? Ive thought of putting a set of those in my 77 280z

Jason

no i don't but they are in a previous post by warren , i had to reorder mine and they won't be in till friday. I actually received 03 taillights and they wrap around so i thing it would be major work to install them so they are out for me.

so today was a good day,( it rained here so i took the morning off) i took back the 03 and picked up the 05 , one had a slight scatch so they gave me the wiring harness free, but i will probably end up buying a new one to replace the scatched one unless someone out there knows how to remove a slight scatch off the plastic lens?

i will add a pic when i open the box they are in, ( i just got in)

i do need to know how warren trimmed them to work in the Z.

later bob

have to get ready(86 300zx) for the nationial car show , here in Moncton NB. If anyone is close drop in , we will be on the hill. we are planning a breakfast on site on sunday morning. :) everybody is welcome

Very Carefully

very funny ha ha ,

could u be a little more decsriptive? did u remove the lens from the original case and make u'r own? or did u trim the outside housing? i noticed in u'r video it loooks like u made casing out of steel.

any help would be appreciated

plus heres a picture of our pup- mya.

DCP_6396_thumb.JPG

DCP_6397_thumb.JPG

DCP_6398_thumb.JPG

DCP_6399_thumb.JPG

DCP_6401_thumb.JPG

To remove the scratch, sand it down with 1000 grit wet sandpaper, then 1500. The sanding will dull the finnish. After that take to it with a buffer and some compound. If you don't have a paint buffer, you can use a terry cloth with the compound, and alot of elbow grease. It will look like new again. I have done this on several tailight lenses, and headlight housings.

edit: I also have two boxers.

DSCN0139Medium.jpg

DSCN0137Medium.jpg

To remove the scratch, sand it down with 1000 grit wet sandpaper, then 1500. The sanding will dull the finnish. After that take to it with a buffer and some compound. If you don't have a paint buffer, you can use a terry cloth with the compound, and alot of elbow grease. It will look like new again. I have done this on several tailight lenses, and headlight housings.

thanks for the tips btw i do have a electric buffer so i should be OK

also KIm (my wife wants to know if u have any pups) LOL

No pups. Probably in a few more months. We are gonna breed one more time, and that is it. Boy puppies are a lot of work! Back to the topic though.... You will be amazed how good this works. Just make sure you sand the scratch all the way out before you buff, or you will be able to tell it is there still, although it won't be as noticeable. If the scratch is deep, you can start with 800, then 1000, and finnish with 1500, then buff with the compound.