HybridZ

Another "how much is it worth" thread

Phyxius

I'm considering selling my L28 setup, and I'm trying to get a feel for what I can get. Any help would be appreciated. It all has about 30k miles except the trans... which has more like 250k miles, but still works fine. I'll list everything included below.

.040 over stock long block

N42 Intake

S13 60mm tb

T3/T04E 60 trim turbo w/ internal wg and coated exhaust side

MSD 6AL

8mm MSD plug wires

Megasquirt ECU w/ Relay board

460cc injectors

Palnet fuel rail

Big ebay fmic

3" aluminum piping

Greddy type-S bov

KA24 trans w/ L28 bell housing

XTD 6 puck copper-ceramic clutch w/ hd pp

240mm flywheel

That is all I can think of at the moment. What do you guys think?

• 2 months later...

I've actually decided to sell this for sure now, and I've relocated it to Wichita, KS. If you know anyone in the area that may be interested, please let them know! I would rather sell it as a whole than part it out, but I will consider parting it out if enough of the parts are seriously claimed before I start disassembly.

:EDIT:

Also, I did a compression check recently. This was on a cold engine, so the rings weren't seated. The numbers would probably be a little higher especially on the ones below 150. They were (1 to 6): 150, 150, 150, 140, 150, 145. Service manual says 145 is max and 100 is minimum. It has always read a little high since rebuilt... Probably due to a slight compression increase. (7.4:1 is stock. probably around 7.6:1 with bigger pistons and the head being decked.)

• 1 month later...

It looks like I forgot to mention that this setup is the one from my 240SX not a z car. That means, the ic piping most likely won't fit in a z car, and the oil pan sump and pickup are at the front of the motor now. To put thismotor in a z car, you would need to get a rear sump pan with a fitting for the turbo return oil and pickup for a rear sump pan.

I've gotten a lot of PM's asking about prices, so I thought I'd post what I'm thinking for each...

.040 over stock long block - $500

N42 Non-webbed, Non-EGR Intake - $80

S13 60mm tb - $25

T3/T04E 60 trim turbo w/ internal wg and coated exhaust side - $450

MSD 6AL with Tach adapter - $100

8mm MSD plug wires $ 30

Megasquirt ECU w/ Relay board - $125

Palnet fuel rail - $80

3" aluminum piping - $30

Bunch of 3" couplers - $40

Bunch of 3" stainless T-bolt clamps - $40

Greddy type-S bov - $125

KA24 trans w/ L28 bell housing - $FREE

XTD 6 puck copper-ceramic clutch w/ hd pp - $40

240mm flywheel - $60

All the pictures I have of the setup are here:

http://www.putfile.com/phyxius1/images/34206

Add a turbo manifold with the turbo outlet ported to the list of things for sale.

I also discovered that what I thought was a blown exhaust gasket is in fact a blown head gasket. I found a little chunk of hg material hanging out from between the head and block when I took the manifolds off. What's weird is that cylinder was still firing... because when i took the power off that injector, the rpm would drop and it would start sounding more like it was missing.

• 4 weeks later...