HybridZ

New Floor Pans

Ive had new floor pans for a while and i finally saved enough money to buy and engine (LS6), im getting ready to get it back and figured its prolly time to start doing some repair work on the body of my car 77' 280.

I had some pete paraska style sub frames made, and my floor pans are from zedd findings. Just interested in how if any of you have used these floor pans, you marked the old floor where to cut. I cut out the seat supports, and am wondering how high i should take the floor pan up the tranny tunnel because there seems to be a lot of extra metal on the floor pans.

Did you over lap the new with the existing any?? i seem you welded the entire seam. Is it better to do that or stitch weld it. A friend of mine swears up and down that stitch welding is better. I have a "450hp" LS6 going in it and i dont want to twist the car and the damn welds on the floor pan crack.

it is good to stitch weld..weld a bit skip a section, weld some more skip and so on until you get it all welded solid...too much heat in a concentrated spot will warp it...i left a tiny bit of overlap..just cause trying to get the two to line up perfect and then weld is a major pita...i then hammered the back side down close and stitched the back..used some seam sealer for the areas between the welds.