HybridZ

l28et some... issues.

does any one have info on my car, i have a 83 280zxt i never got to ride it past a couple of min. til it shuts off. i guess when it turns at a cold start then it warms up it turns off probly a sensor thats bad..cus i jus changed the thermostat, coolant, and it has a good radiator its my first 280 and i love it but i get on it on the road then it shuts off.

does any one have info on my car, i have a 83 280zxt i never got to ride it past a couple of min. til it shuts off. i guess when it turns at a cold start then it warms up it turns off probly a sensor thats bad..cus i jus changed the thermostat, coolant, and it has a good radiator its my first 280 and i love it but i get on it on the road then it shuts off.

check all the connections under the hood and make sure they are clean brite ans shiney if not ... clean them the FI on these cars depends on clean and good tight connections. if that doesent solve your problems then serch for the FI Bible and then check you sensors. any other questions can be found through the serch on this site if no answers then we will give you all the help we can! Have fun and be safe

pretty sure i've figured the problem out. i took the tps out of a 76 this week, ran like crap. THEN! BAM, horsepower! i was stoked then i put gas in it the next day and it ran like garbage. so i said "what changed in those brief moments?" so i bought a new tps and plugged the egr. behold, no more problem. i'm still keeping my hopes down but it seems pretty difinite. thanks for all the suggestions. i'll be on again shortly. :D

• 4 weeks later...

if anyone's interested in an l28et and tranny plus ecu let me know. obviously i've been having some troubles. i was going to take it out and redo everthing. but i got a pretty good deal on another motor and tranny. i'm pretty confident it's in the fuel rail or one of the sensor anyways the motor still runs and everthings intact. the turbo spools still to. depending on where you are you'll probably pay for all of this and shipping. just let me know on here if you're interested. preciate all the help fellas.

i pulled the plugs all white. so i'm putting a 255 pump in her. hopefully that does the trick. after 3 grand it just stops puting out power. also at a certain psi under 3 it will do the same. so it's obviously leaning out. what's a decent plug in that i put the stock ngk number in it. would it help to go up a grade?

Changing your plugs heat range to fix a problem is an old timers trick and not recommended for an engine you'll want to be reliable. Find your problem and fix it right. I gathered from your plugs readings you're going lean, which would be accurate from your first post stating you're getting a pop which indicates prefire usually caused by a lean mixture. Here's a list of things to check out:

Fuel Pressure - Self Explanitory

Compression - not likely an issue, but always good to check.

TPS - Shoud show continuity at idle and none off idle

O2 - Not sure about the ECCS in the turbo, but I know the N/A ECU has an LED on it that blinks with the O2 readings.

CHTS - Cylinder Head Temp Sensor, cheap replacement part and try wiggling the connector and wires, the old electrical could be shorting.

Timing - If the timing is off of course it won't run right.

I'm no turbo expert, but that's where I'd start.

• 8 months later...
Changing your plugs heat range to fix a problem is an old timers trick and not recommended for an engine you'll want to be reliable. Find your problem and fix it right. I gathered from your plugs readings you're going lean, which would be accurate from your first post stating you're getting a pop which indicates prefire usually caused by a lean mixture. Here's a list of things to check out:

Fuel Pressure - Self Explanitory

Compression - not likely an issue, but always good to check.

TPS - Shoud show continuity at idle and none off idle

O2 - Not sure about the ECCS in the turbo, but I know the N/A ECU has an LED on it that blinks with the O2 readings.

CHTS - Cylinder Head Temp Sensor, cheap replacement part and try wiggling the connector and wires, the old electrical could be shorting.

Timing - If the timing is off of course it won't run right.

I'm no turbo expert, but that's where I'd start.

well i cracked open the afm. the other day after a few months down. the part that curls up and makes contact with the silver part hanging over it. was cracked off. i found another one and put it in. made a little bit of a differece. but still seems to have trouble getting over 2500-3000 under load. checked the chts. i unplugged it and the car shuttered BAD. it had been changed in the beggining of the project. as far as o2 sensor i havent checked. im out of gas now. but i'll trouble shoot again when i fill up. glad to have input guys. o yeah also whats the best way to get ALL the connections cleaned. i see a lot of green oxidation on a LOT of the connectors. anyone sell a replacement harness? just curious.