HybridZ

inner tie rod ends

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

odd question but i've onyl found these suckers at carparts.com and they are about 82$ EACH!! thats 160$ for those little suckers, anyone konw where i can get cheaper? or should i just reuse my 30 year old ones.

Guest Anonymous

I just picked up a complete set of inner and outer tie rods for my '73. I got them at Napa. The inner were $32 each and the outers were $30. That is for the MOOG brand. Very good stuff.

Mike

Mike (shock96)I was just reading your post about the inner and outer tie rod ends from NAPA could you give me the part numbers off these? I thought I had the correct parts until I opened the boxes last night and found out differently.

Thanks,

David

Watch out. In the past, there has been alot of reboxing going on. Supposedly, what's in a Moog box is not always their stuff. I don't know how to tell a conterfeit Moog part, but I've heard this from various parts suppliers.

I would like to reiterate what Pete has said; I dont know how to tell a fake from the real item either, but in the past I have been told (two to three times) that steering items should be left to NISSAN only as your typical run of the mill ball joints & tie rod ends have been known to "Break" under load....causing an unhappy and unsuspecting wreck; when this happens I hope it is at low low rpm speeds.

Is this just NISSAN pushing their brand; I'm not their parts mfg'r nor am I the parts mfg'r to any aftermarket vendor...so I can only restate what has been told to me.

Yes, Nissan ball joints & tie rod ends are expensive, but I gave in to the "Speculation" that they were a superior part & bought Nissan ball joints & Tie Rod ends.

Even if you inspect your aftermarket tie rod ends often; the naked eye can not see stress fractures. So, I guess all I can say is; Buyer Beware!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Heck, I'd be happy if NAPA just supplied me with the correct part. Usually their service and parts are right on, but something happened this time around. I called them earlier and they gave me the same PN that is on the box (inner tie rod) I have (which is the wrong part) so I'm stopping by there on my way home to try to get it straightened out.

David