HybridZ

a couple of questions from a newcomer

Hailstorm

hey everyone, been reading on these forums for quite a while, and unfortunately have not been able to find a couple of things I need to do replace a part on my '70 240z

working a restoration, but some of the plastic was so brittle, it just snapped in two or into awkward pieces.

I need to know where or how I can get/replace the plastic that houses the steering column.

Also, while I'm at it, one more question that I realize is in the wrong section: I need to know how difficult it is to build and mount a 383 in the 240. can I use the v8 conversion mount parts available at zcarparts for that? Also, will I need to replace any stock parts specifically to avoid damage caused by having a 383 in there?

Anyways, glad to be a part of the community, and I look forward to sharing my personal progress on my 70' 240z project.

Well, first I want to say welcome to the site. The information here will be an invaluable source to your questions.....

Second, I want to say that you need to read through the V8 forums for answers to your 383 questions, all the info is there and probably in triplicate. :)

Third, I'm probably willing to bet that ebay may be your best bet for the plastic trim for your steering column. I've never had to look for that piece so I couldn't tell you for sure, but those things typically show up on ebay frequently. (I may have a spare that I'd let go if your interested)

Fourth, enjoy your stay here at HybridZ, and before anybody else says it to you ...... remember to SEARCH, SEARCH, SEARCH!!!

Once again, WELCOME!

thanks man,

yeah I realize that the 383 info is in the motor section but I got lazy whilst I was posting and thought it would be awkward to post another topic with just that. (plus sometimes I feel people get snippy about post counts)

anyways, thanks for the info, and if the piece that you have is black, I'm absolutely interested in it. if you could get some pics, that would be amazing, but for now I'll check on ebay and such, can't find it anywhere else :'(

thanks again,

Ken

edit: oh and could you by chance tell me what kind of body kit you have on the car in your signature? or can I find it elsewhere? It's a beaut! :)

no body kit, just a standard run of the mill MSA Aero air dam as seen here http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/7AD1/50-1409. The hood is a custom one-off job. I'll look through my spare parts and see if I've got the piece you need, if I do I promise you it's black, I don't think they came in any other color anyway.

Oh and look here first for your Datsun V8 needs....and your first purchase should be the conversion manual.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Datsun_Z_V-8.html