HybridZ

My 250 GTO Z Car

The chevy 350 is in an running very sweetly. Only problem is that it sets to close to ground with the dual exhaust. Looking for tips on jacking the car up about 2 inches, any advice. Has original Z car struts and springs. Also if you are recommending parts I would appreciate any links tooooooo.

deige

3148_thumb.attach

January 2007 009_thumb.jpg

I like the changes to the muffler relocation, I was worried about being too close to the fuel tank, I am exploring coil overs, I don't fully understand the process yet. Do I remove original coils and replace with new, or do I just update original coils. TIA

DJ

I like the changes to the muffler relocation, I was worried about being too close to the fuel tank, I am exploring coil overs, I don't fully understand the process yet. Do I remove original coils and replace with new, or do I just update original coils. TIA

DJ

You remove the original coils and the lower spring perches and then install a new threaded lower perch for the more standard 2.5" springs.

There are several sources including Modern Motorsports and MSA

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=12

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/PSDC01

Depending on how much you change your height you may need to purchase different length struts as well. Search and you will find a lot of information regarding changing your ride height, although most people are looking at lowering it.

You can buy adjustable coilovers from several sources and set the ride height where you want; but I think you need to raise your exhaust higher instead of the raising the whole car. Here's a link to pic's of my dual exhaust done by John Coffey at BetaMotorsports

http://mysite.verizon.net/ress1lhb/barts570z/id14.html

I agree with Bartman. If your rear tires look good/fit right in the rear wheel wells you need to raise the exhaust. Otherwise you will be jacking up the car too high and it will not look right.

I will evaluate this further, the mufflers are currently at bottom of floor pan, should i move the fuel tank, ie put in fuel cell in the trunk space?

Thanks,

dj

In short, yes. You can go with a fuel cell or possibly swap a gas tank from some other vehicle that will allow you to route the exhaust where you want. My gas tank is a nylon unit from a 2001 Trans Am and it allows my to run duals with the exhaust exiting on either side of the tank. HybridZ member Dan Juday used a small tank from a Suzuki and has his exhaust exiting out the center.