HybridZ

How to ship airbags?

heavy85

OTOH, not trying to make light of the shipping matter but, don't most of us drive around with a loaded air bag in front and maybe even besides us every day?
I understand the point you're trying to make, but I think you missed something. The airbag next to us when we drive is properly installed for the application (in this case, use in the car). Plenty of other things, like explosives, pesticides, weapons are safe when used as they were designed to be used, and dangerous when used otherwise. The question at hand is what's the proper way to ship it? Those are different conditions than the car and hence the device needs to be packed such that it's safe.

My guess is that a conductive (not pink poly bag) bag would good enough, but that is only a guess based on what I know about electronic components. The right answer, from those before me here, is to contact the shipping company and follow their rules.

For those who said "just ship it", I'm guessing that you're still young enough that you believe you are immortal and really don't think much about those around you. I hope for your sake you gain a little wisdom before you hurt yourself or others.

You know, heavy85, you were very smart to ask us instead of just shipping them. Something told you it was just not right, and that was your brain working. Sometimes we forget to listen to our brains, you didn't. The best advice we can give you back is to ask the proper shipping authorities who are educated in the matter.

-Dave