HybridZ

Ticket question...

cpt jack

I got a citation for not having my z's insurence in the car at the time... i had my other car i get the policies the same day when its renewed and well n e ways i got a ticket for not haveing the z's insurence in the z but it is insured do i have to pay any thing? or do i just go to court to show that it was insured? has this ever happened to anyone? jack

If you whine and moan about how unfair it is, the judge will probably enforce the ticket. If you say you had it in another part of the car, and "sorry for the inconvenience" it'll probably get tossed. In other words, put on you happy face.

Jack...Your ticket should indicate a court date. Make sure you appear WITH your Proof of Insurance. Once varification that insurance was in force when the traffic stop occurred, then the Judge should dismiss the case. He may needle you a bit about keeping a copy in the vehicle. But in most cases it will be dismissed.

Now the real question; what was the reason for the traffic stop? The Officer had to have PC (Probable Cause) in order to stop you. We just don't pull someone over for the hell of it!