HybridZ

Fuse Box Relocation

I want to move the fuse box in my 72 240z so that I can make a storage area were the fuse box used to be. I also want to use a newer blade type fuse box. What exactly is involved in relocating the fuse box? Just mount the fuse box where I want it and extend the wiring to reach? Sorry is the is a dumb guess but I don't know that much about wiring.

Thanks guys

Just mount the fuse box where I want it and extend the wiring to reach?

that's what i would say. since i relocated my battery to the rear, i have a terminal block mounted to the firewall where that battery once resided. i checked out a 510 for the wife and noticed that the fusebox was right in that same area! seems like a good place to put a modern-style blade fusebox....

I could label it though. It just occurred to me tho. I'm doing a VQ swap, so would I just use the fuse box made for that engine? I'm probably going to be running megasquirt if it matters for this.

Thanks guys

Jon

might as well run the VQ block. it's already located under the hood and has a cap with labels. even if you're running MS, you still want stuff fused and can fuse it through the same way. AAMOF, that will prevent you from having to run wires ALL the way through.