HybridZ

Finally started

datman

Well my car finally started after being in bits for months, I had problems with the EDIS at first, I had the 4 pin plug wired upside down! not good when all the plugs fire at once! :)

After sorting the edis problem and using a bit of ptfe tape to stop the fuel rail leaks I tried it again. It fired straight up...it's a lot quieter than my old L28 NA. Oil pressure at 50psi just above idle. Timing was a little out but the trigger wizard soon sorted that out.

One problem I do have is a hissing noise from around #1 injector, it only happens when I close the throttle, I guess it must be a bad seal where the injector meets the manifold.

A few questions for you guys:

What sort of temperature do you have your coolant fan come on?

Is it normal for fuel pressure to drop from 40psi down to 20psi as soon as you switch the ignition off? I thought it would lower slowly.

Specs fo the engine as follows:

NA F54/90 .5mm oversize flat top pistons. 2mm steel head gasket

New bearings all over

ARP bolts crank/rod and head

Nismo oil pump

Holset HE351cw

Walboro 255 fuel pump

Delphi 650cc low imp injectors

Sard fuel regulator

Collins dump valve

MSII fuel and spark

EDIS

Megaview

60mm throttle body.

76mm IC pipework

600x300x76 Intercooler

76mm stainless steel exhaust with 1 straight thru rear oval silencer

Innovative LM1+LC1 wideband (not hooked up yet)

Will be happy with 300HP :)

Thanks for looking

My coolant fan comes on at about 195 but I use a separate fan controller.

Will be happy with 300HP? That's impossible since you will most likely exceed that number by far.

Congrats, wait 'til you get it tuned and then post a picture of the giant grin on your face!

Most cars I have seen end up with a hysteresis of about 10 degrees F which hovers around the thermostat temp. Much lower than that is pointless (may as well rig the fan to stay on all the time) and higher than that isn't really wise.

As far as fuel pressure, it really varies from setup to setup. I have seen aftermarket pumps that allow the pressure to back up through it as soon as it shuts off (ie., no pressure when off; priming is pointless) and stock cars that hang on to part of the pressure overnight. I wouldn't worry about it.

EDIT: BTW, I watched the video. Looking good!

Ok I have the car driving now,it pulls hard but the mixture is allover the place. I tried using megalogviewer but the files are always huge even if I just drive for 5 mins...is there something i'm missing? Also my temperature seems to go upwith the revs,, like to 144 then as I lower the revs it drops back down to 90. I thought it was noise from the injectors so I ran a screened cable but its still the same. Any ideas? maybe the edis needs a supressor. Here my file from a 5 min drive,maybe someone here can explain why it is so long.

Thanks

You need a voltage regulator. You have voltage spikes into the 21+V range. The other thing I see is your dwell. You have it too low and you're probably getting really weak sparks. The highest dwell I see in the log is 1.1 and most people set a max of 3.1, bump that up and see what happens. Also you never get completely warmed up from what I can see the highest temp in the log is 144*. That's all I can see right now. Try the dwell change and see what that does for you.

Ok I will check the voltage levels and dwell settings.....note my temps are in C not F ! 144 is 44 degrees over boiling!!! this is the problem....Ive checked the water temperature with a thermometer and its around 85, its the high revs that causes it to go to 144, when I drop to idle it corrects itself.

I will try with the alternator disconnected