HybridZ

staggered sportmax 962's

I am running those wheels on my 280ZX in 18x7.5" in front and 18x9.5" in the rear. I'm not an autocrosser so I don't worry a lot about extreme perfromance when it comes to steering. I just really like how it looks with the 265's in back and the nice lip on the rim!

To get them to fit on my car I have the MMS spacers in front which are 38mm I believe and then I have longer studs in the rear with a 20mm spacer. The fronts clear everything and the rears clear everything but it was really close with the rears and the fender. I had the 38mm in the rear at first but it was rubbing on the fender under hard acceleration, now its just fine. I think the 9.5" is as big as you can go in the rear with a stock suspenion on these cars.

Guy

9" in front will require some really thick spacers to clear the strut tube. With the MMS 1.5" spacer in front with the 18x7.5" rims the tire clears the strut tube by like 1/2". You could go out maybe 1/2" but I think anything wider than that and it would rub on the fender when going over bumps.

I really like the 18's all the way around and so does everyone that has seen my car. They just love the dish in back!

Guy

I think you will find most newer sportscars have staggered wheels front to rear as far as width. Then most big muscle sportscars like Vette & Viper have different diameter as well. For cruising its fine but most racecars will keep the same diameter.