HybridZ

SPAL Power Windows - Anybody install their kit yet?

ktm

I gathered through searching that a few folks installed SPAL's electric fans and some others talked about installing SPAL's electric window kit, but I did not find anything where someone had installed them.

Sooooo, has anyone installed their kit into a 240/260/280? How does it fit? Fairly straight forward install or are there a few places that require modification? How do you like them?

i dont know what spal is but it looks complicated. i just got a 280z with this power window kit that has a simple box with an engine inside that turns that metal sticking out of your door panle. it looks very easy to install and doesent get in the way. here's a pic.100_1048.jpg

i would tell you the name of the company but i won't be home untill august 28.

I've used their setup twice now; once was in my old school VW Rabbit/Cabrio some 7 years ago and the other is my current 510 build. In the seven years since the install, which I thought was very straight forward, I havent had any problems with any of the components.

I dont like the big box thing that sticks off the door, it looks clumsy and takes away from the lines of the door. (No offense) with the Spal setup (If done properly) you can make the lines look smooth and still have updated look and feel.

Are there any other options out there

i dont know what spal is but it looks complicated. i just got a 280z with this power window kit that has a simple box with an engine inside that turns that metal sticking out of your door panle. it looks very easy to install and doesent get in the way. here's a pic.100_1048.jpg

i would tell you the name of the company but i won't be home untill august 28.

That looks like a nice and easy fix, but a bit too bulky for my eyes. Especially on the brown door panels. But I would have never thought of a simple solution such as that one. If you could get the brand, i'd like to know what other neat products they've made in the passed.

Nice find for an easy work around to a well desired feature!

I'm adapting Stanza parts to my Z, so i'll report on that soon.