HybridZ

scheider cam stage 2

ziggy408

very few threads ever actually get deleted. We add to the archives every time we post.

Back on topic, I want to ask the OP a question.. Am I correct in understanding that you are telling us that you had a stock turbo engine, along with a totally bone stock turbo car, that developed a lower end knock, and you replaced that longblock assembly with a similar, "stockish" turbo engine that had nothing except the cam kit installed, and now you expect the boost to come on in the same way?

I cannot specifically answer your vacuum related questions off the top of my head, but to change the camshaft in an engine is tot totally change the way it breathes; I would certainly anticipate a change in boosting behavior of some sort, and you wouldn't be the first one to install a camshaft into an otherwise stock turbo car and lose performance.

I am not the one to direct further questions to, as I am but a humble regurgitator here to save those with more knowledge than I some time.. but dare I suggest that things are running perfectly normally given a non stock camshaft and an EFI/ignition system that still expects the stocker in there?