HybridZ

Shimming gear lash R200

rags

I've been dealing with a gear lash issue for a while now. What I discovered is that my Gleason/Torsen LSD does not locate the ring gear in the same location as an open carrier. I set them side by side with the ring gear mounting surface facing up and they are definitely not the same. And yes, I have checked this against many diffs. This is causing my gear lash to be in the .024 range! I have done a lot of searching and it seems lots of people ask about reshimming and a universal shim kit mentioned quite often, but has anyone actually purchased this kit? If so, where can I get it? The shims from Nissan are outrageous.

Joe

When I did mine we dug thru a bunch of generic shims to find what I needed. I think they were for a chevy truck rear, but I'm not sure. If there's a shop in your area you could try that.

Reider Racing has been mentioned as a shim source, but I haven't bought from them.

jt

Yeah, what jt1 says. They are just placeholders, so they don't need to be an exact size. Take the stock shims down to a gear shop and find something close, but not larger than the stock shims. I think mike c said at one point years ago that the GM 12 bolt shims worked.