HybridZ

Do all q45 come with R200 VLSD's or are some of them open differentials?

wongboh

Do all q45 come with R200 VLSD's or are some of them open differentials?

Also.. are all NA Z32 Differential R200v's?? Is it common to change the Stub Shaft to accept Q45 or Z32TT CV's on these diffs? Do you use an adapter or are the stub shafts inter-changable?

Lastly.... Is it possible to use Z31 TT shafts on an R200v(It seems that all R200v's have stub shafts with 5 holes.... correct me if I'm wrong please)? Is there an adapter out there that will allow this?

I am planning on swapping to either an 230V or an R200V. I would like to use the R200V because it is much lighter than the R230V and is adequate for my HP/TQ Application. The problem is that... it seems that the R200V's have the stub shafts with 5 holes. I'm not sure how to do a CV conversion on these diffs because the only CV's to use are the Z32 TT's or the Q45's. Please correct me if I'm wrong... and thanks in advance for any help I can get.

If you want to use the Z31T stub shafts you will have to assemble your own cv axles. You have to take parts from the q45 and install them onto the z31 axle.

Sounds interesting... have you done this? Originally I was planning on buying the two sets of q45 cv's at the junk yard.

Sounds interesting... have you done this? Originally I was planning on buying the two sets of q45 cv's at the junk yard.

Not with q45, but a j30, s13 and s14 with r200's. here are a few pics of other peoples setups...

This is a tripod style.

S12sways016.jpg

J30VLSD007-1.jpg

This is a DOB style.

IMG_4056.JPG

How much should a Q45 differential and half shafts go for? I found one at my local junk yard. What about a 240sx with a finned cover?

At my local pick n pull, I paid $43 for a rearend with half shafts. I would expect to pay closer to 90 though.

More specifically I paid $43 for a 1988 z31 clsd and half shafts...

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

Oh there is a writeup about making your own VLSD from another car located here. http://www.z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6294.

Racinjitter, Want to get rid of it.... :mrgreen:

I will be keeping a close eye on all of the Z's in the pick n pull. If I find another one I will sell that one. I plan on keeping this CLSD however. There are a few s30's and s130's in the same pick n pull, I think I am going to look underneath those to see if they have recieved the swap yet. One s130 is super clean just got fresh paint, I took the hood vents off of that car.

• 2 weeks later...